Health agencies are invited to have an interactive stall at the KSHS Health Expo on Friday 24th June (term 2, week 9)
From 9am – 2:00 pm at Kelmscott Senior High School, 50 Third Avenue, Kelmscott.
The aim of the KSHS Health Expo is to create links that promote healthy lifestyles, which in turn will assist in achieving personal and educational goals for our students. It is also an opportunity to introduce students to community agencies that provide health services, information and support.
The Health Expo will be targeting middle and upper school students (years 10-12). KSHS provides for a multicultural learning environment, with students from over 50 different countries.
Many of our students will benefit from seeing agencies that are available in the community, and will hopefully deliver these messages to their families, and remember these services when they leave high school.
The Health Expo will aim to comprise of displays and stalls ranging from sexual health and drug awareness, to healthy eating and road safety.
The format of the day:
- Attend and set up before 9 am, pack up at 1.45-2pm (negotiable)
- Students will formerly attend the stalls with their classes in periods 1, 2, 3, 4 and closed to other students. Lower school will be encouraged to attend during recess and lunch.
- Recess and Lunch:
- The Health Expo will be open to all students (20mins each)
- There may also be a fitness concert happening outside by the stage area.
- Provide an interactive stall (e.g. that encourages participation, giveaways, information to students, demos) for students and teachers as they walk around the stalls during the day.
- Morning tea and lunch will be provided by our Home Ec students on behalf of the Health Centre.
For planning considerations return ASAP or by Friday 3rd June via email firstname.lastname@example.org or post Yannick Benoit, Kelmscott Senior High School, 50 Third Avenue, Kelmscott, 6111.
If you are unable to attend please let us know by returning the registration form/or return email and please keep us in mind for 2017. Please forward to other agencies or your agency south of the river. If you have any questions, please email, fax or phone. Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you on the day.