Download the WAHPSA membership flyer and application form here.
The WA Health Promoting Schools Association Inc (WAHPSA) is comprised of organisations and individuals working in and committed to the development of school health promotion. Many are teachers, some work in dedicated health promotion roles in schools or community settings, whilst others work in policy and research in the health education sectors. What we share is a commitment to the Health Promoting Schools (HPS) ethos.
Membership of the Association shall be open on application to:
(i) Organisation Member: being those non-government associations, government services, societies, boards, schools at tertiary institutions, or any other bodies, incorporated or unincorporated, which qualify under the rules and have active engagement and interest in school health promotion.
- Annual membership fee of $80 applies ($150 for 2 years). Memberships are renewed on 1 April each year. No pro rata memberships are available.
(ii) Individual Member: being those persons who do not represent an organisation or fit into the categories below, including industry based-consultant or health sector graduate which qualify under the rules and have active engagement and interest in school health promotion.
- Annual membership fee of $30 applies ($50 for 2 years). Memberships are renewed on 1 April each year. No pro rata memberships are available.
(i) Schools: including government, independent and catholic schools
(ii) Individuals: including university students and school staff and Honorary Members
- No membership fee. Associate Members are not entitled to vote at meetings of the Association
Benefits of membership
Ordinary membership provides you/your organisation with:
- a summary of your organisations HPS activities on the WAHPSA website under the dedicated ‘Health Areas’ page
- organisational updates, events and news items featured on the WAHPSA website
- the opportunity to provide updates and share information about your organisation/school events at meetings and for dissemination to other members
- reduced registration rates at WAHPSA events including Professional Development opportunities
- the opportunity to participate in professional meetings and to provide input into topics chosen to discuss at each meeting
- the right to vote (financial members only) and hold office in WAHPSA
- the opportunity to connect, network and partner with other individuals and organisations
- access to up to date Health Promotion information regardless of attendance at meetings
Associate membership provides you/your school with:
- resources to assist in developing school policies that encompass all areas of the Health Promoting Schools Framework
- your school’s health events and case study can be featured on the WAHPSA website
- the opportunities to connect, network and partner with other individuals and organisations
- improved access to relevant, up-to-date health promotion info and resources
- access to a range of organisations who work with schools throughout WA across a range of health promotion areas
Memberships are valid for 1 or 2 years from 1 April annually.
Download the Membership form