While reaching our goal of 10% of all primary schools in Australia and coming to the successful end of our Australian Government-supported project, the Foundation is continuing to work towards its vision of making pleasurable food education accessible to every Australian primary school. To this end we are thrilled to announce the opening of the Kitchen Garden Classroom. This is a brand-new Membership service now open to all Australian primary schools, as well as early learning centres and secondary schools. We are also extending Membership to government, community, health and education organisations on a review basis.
Kitchen Garden Classroom Members access all the Kitchen Garden Foundation’s resources, support and training, as well as the huge Kitchen Garden School community, without needing to complete an application form or signing an MOU, and at less cost than joining the Program has been previously.
Schools and learning centres can access and deliver this pleasurable food education model in the way that suits their school and community.
Join the Kitchen Garden Classroom and get all the tools you need to reap the rewards of a fruitful kitchen garden education. Discover how to set up a kitchen and garden, download fun-filled classroom activities, browse hundreds of recipes and garden activities, learn how to use pleasurable food education to meet a range of learning, wellbeing and community objectives, and connect to a passionate community of kitchen garden experts.
The Membership provides access to hundreds of tried and tested resources, all available at the touch of a finger. Members become part of a dynamic online community where kitchen garden educators share knowledge, experience and inspiration.
- Hundreds of kitchen classroom recipes using fresh, seasonal produce that students can grow in their very own kitchen garden.
- Information sheets and templates to help get started and run a successful food education program, including ideas for designing, planning and running a fun and rewarding project.
- Hundreds of teaching and learning resources based on real-life learning, including classroom activities reinforcing the Australian Curriculum.
- Videos, stories and examples to inspire staff and students.
- Access to a unique online community, with a Membership profile, open forum to brainstorm ideas, and activity posting from all Members including the 800 Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden National Program Schools (with more than 3500 members already).
- Free webinars run by an experienced team of kitchen garden educators, and invitations to Members-only training events.
- Email and phone support from our friendly and professional team.
Total price: $275 inc. GST (including $165 one-off joining fee and $110 annual renewal).
Payments by credit card will receive a free Real Kids, Real Food with Stephanie Alexander DVD (while stocks last).
Free Starter Pack
Hungry for a taste of the resources available, or just want to dig into pleasurable food education? Download a free Starter Pack that gives you everything you need to start small: key recipes, garden activities, fundraising tips and curriculum connections, and some plain and simple advice on how to re-purpose existing sites for garden and kitchen spaces.
- No contractual obligations to run a program.
- Resources and learning can be adapted to deliver pleasurable food education to suit any school or learning centre.
- Access to resources and learning from a tried and tested model already running in 800 Australian schools.
- Members gain entry into a unique learning environment and network of thousands of pleasurable food educators across Australia.
- Only a one-off joining fee ($165) and annual renewal of $110