NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING TO ALTER THE RULES
WA Health Promoting Schools Association Inc is convening a general meeting at which the following resolution will be proposed as special resolutions to alter the rules of the association.
Date: 27 March 2019
Time: 3:00 – 4:00pm
Location: Boardroom, Bendat Parent and Community Centre, 36 Dodd St Wembley 6014
Motion on Notice
Notice of special resolution to change rules in accordance with Associations Incorporations Act 2015
The WA Health Promoting Schools Association Inc (WAHPSA) Constitution has been updated according to the Associations Incorporations Act 2015. The Executive Committee of WAHPSA has undertaken an extensive review of the current constitution in order to comply with the Model Rules provided by the new Act.
It is proposed to adopt the attached rules in place of all of the existing rules of the WA Health Promoting Schools Association Inc.
The proposed new rules are available here.
The current Constitution (outgoing) is available here.
Key rule changes
- In order to improve the ability of WAHPSA to pursue its business the reviewed objects are more open ended and read:
The proposed objects of the Association are:
- Promote collaboration between Health Promotion providers and engage organisations with the WA Health Promoting Schools Association.
- Explore strategies for promoting and delivering evidence based health promotion information to schools and agencies.
- Raise the profile of the WA Health Promoting Schools Association state-wide.
- Ensure the sustainability of the WA Health Promoting Schools Association.
- Raise the profile of and advocating for the Health Promoting Schools Framework.
2. In order to effectively meet the proposed objects, membership categories have been expanded.
The proposed membership categories are:
Ordinary members –
- Ordinary Organisation Member: being those non-government associations, government services, societies, boards, schools at tertiary institutions, or any other bodies, incorporated or unincorporated, which qualify under the rules and have active engagement and interest in school health promotion.
- Ordinary Individual Member: being those persons who do not represent an organisation or fit into the categories below, including industry based-consultant or health sector graduate which qualify under the rules and have active engagement and interest in school health promotion.
Associate members –
- Schools including government, independent and catholic schools
- Individuals including university students and school staff
- Honorary Members
Information for members
- Proxy votes are allowed. To complete a proxy form, please follow the instructions on the WAHPSA proxy form.
- Alterations to the rules can only be made if supported by 75% of eligible members voting at the meeting or by proxy.
- Alterations to the rules only take effect when lodged with the Commissioner for Consumer Protection.
President WA Health Promoting Schools Association