Your agency is invited to participate in CJ Health Festival on Wednesday 16 May (term 2, week 3)
From 10am – 1:00 pm. at Cyril Jackson Senior Campus 53 Reid Street Bassendean.
Once again the aim of the CJ Health Festival is to create links that promote healthy lifestyles, which in turn will assist in achieving personal and educational goals. It is also an opportunity to introduce students to community agencies that provide health services, information and support. Many Cyril Jackson students return to school after years away from the classroom and therefore require considerable support in their endeavours to succeed in their studies. There is also have a high proportion of “newly arrived students” who have only been in Australia for weeks, months or a couple of years.
Last year there were over 50 displays and stalls ranging from sexual health and drug awareness, to healthy eating and road safety.
The target group will be students and staff from CJ as well as other metro high schools and community members who regularly attend the festival. The students at the campus hail from over 50 different countries giving a truly multicultural learning environment.
The Year 11 and 12 Health Studies classes are involved in coordinating the day as part of their assessment which includes assisting with set-up and pack-up. The students will be using the Health Festival as a major part of their health promotion strategies. Each student will spend some extended time with their chosen stalls.
The format of the day:
- WAHPSA Networking meeting – optional. 8.15am-9.15am Jackson’s Café, room 24
- Set up before 10 am, pack up at 1:00pm ish (negotiable) Note: it is very busy at 10:15am so be ready!
- Provide an INTERACTIVE stall (e.g. that encourages participation, giveaways, info)
- Interact with students, teachers and visitors as they walk around the stalls
- Network with other agencies
- Morning tea and lunch will be provided by our Hospitality students
or post to Deb Fitzsimons Cyril Jackson Senior Campus PO Box 108 Bassendean 6934.